If you’re interested in getting an email from us about when classes, exhibitions, and other events are happening at the AAO, please enter your email address in the pop up window. We send 1-2 emails per month on average, and we don’t share your email address outside of AAO.
- All classes are for adults (age 16+) unless part of the ART for YOUth program or otherwise noted.
- Pre-registration and pre-payment are required unless otherwise noted.
- All classes are held at the AAO unless otherwise noted.
- For more information or to register, please click on the links below.
GOING ON NOW
- Beginner Ceramics with Linda Shannon: Thursdays, Feb 1 – March 8, 6-9 PM (6 weeks)
- Intermediate Ceramics with Linda Knowles: Wednesdays, Jan 31 – March 7, 6-9 PM (6 weeks)
- Open Ceramics Studio with Linda Shannon: Thursdays, 6-9 PM (coincides with Linda’s Beginner Ceramics class): To qualify, you must be a current or former ceramics student with the AAO. You do not need to be a member. Free for those currently enrolled in a class. $5/hour + glazing and firing fees per item for former students. No need to register. Be prepared to pay when you show up.
- Beginner Ceramics with Linda Shannon
- Beginner Ceramics – focus on sculptural containers: Thursdays, March 22 – May 3, 6-9 PM (6 weeks)
- Beginner Ceramics – focus on planters and platters: Thursdays, May 17 – June 21, 6-9 PM (6 weeks)
- Intermediate Ceramics with Linda Knowles
- Throwing on the Potter’s Wheel with Audrey Proto
- Open Ceramics Studio: To qualify, you must be a current or former ceramics student with the AAO. To qualify, you must be a current or former ceramics student with the AAO. You do not need to be a member. Free for those currently enrolled in a class. $5/hour + glazing and firing fees per item for former students. No need to register. Be prepared to pay when you show up.
- ART for YOUth
- Intro to Stained Glass with Laurie Kester: Mon & Wed, April 9 & 11, 6-9 PM, at Laurie’s personal studio. (2 days)
- Stained Glass Projects (beginner to advanced) with Laurie Kester at Laurie’s personal studio.
- Monoprint Workshop with Suzanne Gaffney Beason: Sunday, May 6, 1-4 PM
- Stain Painting and Collage with Suzanne Gaffney Beason: Tuesdays, May 8-22, 6-9 PM
- Stroll and Sketch along West River Walk with Suzanne Gaffney Beason: Saturday, June 9, 12-2 PM
Our popular ART for YOUth Summer Program returns again this year with classes for children ages 3-18 in 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional art! Registration will open in early June. Space is limited, and spots are filled on a first-come first-served basis. There is no prohibition against signing up for both sessions; however, those who don’t get a spot in July will be given priority in August.
- ART for YOUth Session 1 – July 9-20: Monday, Wed, and Friday (6 days)
- ART for YOUth Session 2 – August 6-17: Monday, Wed, and Friday (6 days)
It’s like 2 hours of SPA TIME for your mind!
Bring your own coffee. We’ll supply all the materials and the inspiration.
Make drawings along with a variety of guest instructors.
$10 per person all materials provided (unless otherwise noted).
Ages 16 and over. No experience necessary!
Saturdays 10:00-noon. No need to pre-register.
Sessions are being scheduled now. Details coming soon.
ART for YOUth Expansion
Thanks in part to a generous benefactor, we’re working to expand the children’s ART for YOUth series into a year-round program with additional types of classes!! Details will be posted on this website and announced by email and newsprint as they become available. If you have suggestions for types of classes you’d like to see for your children, please send your ideas to Jackie at info@OswegoArts.org.